Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mario Kart....Wii.

Last summer I was at a BBQ hosted by one of my old seniors/managers at KPMG. He was off to greener pastures as Controller of a local real estate/investment firm and was hosting a farewell party. There were a lot of new KPMG faces and I remember some of the newer KPMG associates were ranting and raving about the addictive capabilities of Mario Kart Wii.

Fast forward to present day. Cara and I got Mario Kart Wii and it has struggled to find playing time against the likes of Wii Sports, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games, Mario Galaxy and the current fave...Wii Fit (which is always in our Wii!). However, the more Cara and I have Karted it up, the more I find myself drawn to this goofy, cartoony game with the suh-weet little steering wheel. And then I discovered you can connect to the 'Net and play folks from around the world 24/7, race ghosts, take part in tournaments, even find friends and play them head to head in Vs. or Battle modes. Throw this on top of all the cool race tracks I've been unlocking as I play through the game and you can color me addicted. Such an awesome game. If you don't have it, get it. And send me your 12 digit license number when you do, so we can "Wii it up" in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

  1. omigosh! you're so addicted! I love your spelling of "sweet". Exactly how it should be said. we don't have a wii, so will you be able to cope with this when you come visit? Or should you risk checking it in your luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty funny, Matt and I were casually enjoying Mario Kart when I left for New Orleans. I come back a few days later and he knows all the tricks and has unlocked new races and characters. Now I have no hope of winning a race against him!

    ReplyDelete