Monday, July 6, 2009

A quick update

I have received some serious flak (and deservedly so) for neglecting my blog these past months. Shame on me. I have finally had some time to devote this past week and a half, but I've been daunted by a large list of topics and updates and an overwhelming urge to post the perfect blog in order to atone for my sins. Well, the procrastination must come to an end. I'm not going to post the perfect blog and it certainly will not be very long. However, I do want to provide a quick update in hopes that doing so will spur a flurry of Shenooligans blogging activity in the weeks ahead. Here goes:

(1) On June 19th, I successfully defended my dissertation proposal. Since then and in the weeks ahead, I will be diligently preparing application materials, inquiring about possible job openings and setting up interviews ahead of the American Accounting Association Annual Meeting August 1st-5th in New York, NY.

(2) Cara and I just returned from an excellent weekend camping on the South Carolina coast. More to come on this shortly.

(3) Wedding season is upon us - Cara and I had a blast at Jon and Trina's and Lane and Sarah's weddings in May and June respectively. Up next, we are looking forward to a 2-for-1 wedding day this upcoming Saturday. Whoohoo! And after that? OURS!! Cara pointed out today that we are almost below the 100 day threshold. YAY!!

(4) My bachelor party is fast approaching! July 18th in Portland, OR. Oooo boy...I'm excited! More to come on this after the festivities!

(5) The Sounders FC success continues and the Mariners have been one of the more surprising success stories (albeit moderate success) in MLB. I'm loving up my Seattle sports - they've been a welcome and needed distraction during my hectic summer!

Okay, so I've broken the ice. I'll really get cooking soon! Until then, take good care!

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! We are missing you guys and look forward to catching up soon. Can't wait to hear more about your camping trip! Congrats again on your dissertation proposal. 100 days and counting to the Wedding. Very exciting

    ReplyDelete