Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Phone the Doctor...something's wrong with my knee


Last Friday after my 8am A200 class, I noticed a weird bump just above my right kneecap. (Note: the picture at the left doesn't do it justice, but it gives you some idea of where this is all going down.) I didn't feel any pain, had no trouble walking, and I climbed the stair to my office without any soreness. I did feel a bit of a twinge of pain when I was bending my knee to pull up a document on my laptop during my Forum presentation. But, I iced my knee that evening and everything seemed fine. No pain, no soreness all weekend. But, the strange bump did not go away. So, yesterday I called the Student Health Center to set up an appointment with the on-campus sports medicine doctor. She didn't have an opening until next Tuesday, so I wait...hoping my knee will get better before then. Yesterday evening and now again this evening, it's clear that it isn't getting better. It is definitely sore...not painfully so, but tender sore. Kind of an aching pain. Most distinctly, I can tell something is "off." Although it hasn't slowed me down at all at this point, I fear that there is something out of sorts that ain't getting better. I hope it's not anything too serious. It seems my collision with the "rock that rocked me" a few weeks ago may have done more damage than I thought. I'll keep y'all posted.

The fun news is that I can phone the doctor on my brand, spanking new cell phone. No sooner did my contract with AT&T Wireless end, and I jumped ship to join Cara with Verizon. I got a Samsung Alias, which came with some decent recommendations. I've been extremely happy with it so far. It feels solid and durable. The menus, interfacing, and functionality is intuitive. And, it's got the "wow" factor in that it opens both vertically for calls and horizontally for texting. Pretty cool. So far, 26 hours into my contract with Verizon...I've been impressed. Change is fun. Now, if my George Strait ringtone would just arrive already!! Here are a few pics to document the exciting new change in my life -- a new cell phone AND a new cell phone provider!! The next time I call you, it'll be from my new phone!!

Flips open vertically for phone calls - puts a smile on my face!!

Flips open horizontally for texting - easy on the fingers!!

4 comments:

  1. Do you still have the same number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt

    Sorry to hear about your knee, very interesting, however, in that my hip acted up this week. I can walk about and all, but sitting and lying down is painful, hard to sleep even. I went to the Chiropractor this morning and he diagnosed it as bursitis. Probably flared up when I was racing Mary on the treadmill on Tuesday. Ice and IBUPROFEN is my prescription ... more later in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading your blog while James and his friend Aaron were sitting in the couch.. suddenly James asks: are you reading Matt's blog??... so I reply:Yeah...how do you know?? And he says: Because I recognize his knees!
    I though that was pretty cute and funny :)
    By the way we both hope you don't have anything serious and that it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So whats the update? how is the knee doing- hopefully much better! AND more importantly, how do you like the new phone? must have details!

    ReplyDelete