Monday, October 20, 2008

The Theme of the Day is ROCK

Good morning!

So, I'm talking with Cara about my exciting new blog yesterday and I use the phrase, "Now that I'm a blogger..." to start a sentence...Cara wasn't buying it. She pushed me and teases, "You've posted one blog!!" She makes a good point. I still have some work to do to quote "become a blogger." I'm working on it.

In case you didn't know it, I rock. I've decided that is a good mantra to start a new week with. Accordingly, I've themed today's blog around that mantra.

  • The rock that rocked me
In my post yesterday I told you about the garagantuan, gi-normous, and granite grey (I got on a "g-theme") rock that took me out during the touch football match. I bet you're dying to see what this rock looked like. So, here it is. This picture still makes my knees ache.


I know. That rock is huge. How didn't I see it? Well, those of you that know me have a pretty good idea. I just know that it's a good thing I have superior bone density and structure. Because I am a big clutz. A bull in a china shop, if you will. No matter...I still rock. But that rock definitely rocked me.
  • Pumpkins that Rock
In my last blog, I promised photos of our rocking jack-o-lanterns. I've got pics of the whole fam-damily for your enjoyment. Presenting, the Jolly Rocker, T-Rockz, and a date that rocks (10-17-09 - our wedding date)...in all their beautiful, glowing-orange splendor:


Our happy little pumpkin family rocks. What did you carve (or what are you planning to carve) this year? Feel free to comment and send pictures!
  • Rocking the Knoxville Nightlife
On Friday night, Cara and I went out to dinner to celebrate our -1 wedding anniversary. Yep. You heard that right. Our one-year PRE-wedding anniversary. Pretty cheesy. Accordingly, we went to the melting pot for some delicious, cheesy fondue. I hear their chocolate fondue isn't too bad either...so we sampled some of that as well. A salad and the cooking fondue entree rounded out the middle of a very big meal quite nicely. The night made two things official; (1) Cara and I are now less than one year and counting to our wedding day, and (2) Cara and I were both officially uncomfortably full after eating the four-course Melting Pot feast. The following photographs provide stunning proof of point 2. Notice the glazed look in our eyes:


Look at me, I'm already calling wedding photographers. Or was it a taxi cab? Hmmm...

Cara and I rock. And we are both excited to rock (and roll) with friends in family in Spokane next autumn!! Woop woop!!

One final note. Since last Friday was our pre-wedding anniversary, I presented a wedding themed lecture in class. Seriously. How cool am I? I mean, teaching assets, liabilities and expenses using wedding reception site deposits - does it get any more awesome? To quote Barack Obama from the Al Smith Fundraiser Gala Dinner, my greatest weakness is that "it's possible that I'm a little too awesome." By the way...if you haven't watched video of BOTH McCain and Obama from this event. Do it right now. (Barack Video) (McCain Video). Hilarious.

On that note. I'm gonna sign off for today. In the spirit of today's theme, I encourage each of you to "rock on!"

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hoag! Just had to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog during my very fun mandatory training day at work today. AND, I don't have to work at rocking, because I am a Rock! ;) congrats on your -1 year, can't wait to celebrate with the two of you!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO rock! I love your jack-o-lanterns, especially how you tied in the wedding with "date that rocks". I am so excited you are a blogger. Don't listen to Cara. You ARE a true blogger my friend. :) Also, Melting Pot rocks. It's my fave restaurant. Do ya know they have one here in Spokane now? Anyway, I'm adding you to my blogger list on my site. I've been visiting yours every once in a while and am so glad that you are finally committed! You'll love it, Rock Star.
    Love, B-rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. In honor of your ROCK theme, I went to the Top of the Rock in NYC today (yes one day late, but its the best I could do!).

    It rocked (but would have rocked more if you had been there).

    Rock on, rock on!

    ReplyDelete